Thursday, February 16, 2012

Woodland, GA: Wife charged with killing husband after domestic dispute

WOODLAND, GA (WTVM) - Officials with the Georgia Bureau of Investigations say a Talbot County man is dead after a domestic dispute with his wife Monday night.

Kelsie Kimball has lived on Ferguson Lane for about 30 years, but she never expected to see crime tape covering a home just down the road.

"I found out at work this morning and it took me a good bit, a few minutes, to pull myself together enough to where I could go back to work," said Kimball.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigations says around 10 pm on Monday night Talbot County Sheriff's Deputies were called to a home on Ferguson Lane in Woodland.

Inside the house, they found 58-year-old Danny Lackey with multiple gunshot wounds. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Officials say deputies have arrested his wife, Tina Lackey, 45, and charged her with murder.

"He liked to go to the river. He rode around in his truck with his dogs in the back, and he was just a regular guy," said Kimball describing the victim.

Kimball says the Lackeys were always friendly neighbors. While she is sad she will not ever see Danny again, Kimball cannot believe his wife, who she says has two kids, could be capable of this.

"She's taken my daughter with her daughter to go do things, and you know I trusted her with my child. So, that's saying a lot because I don't trust many people with my children," said the neighbor.

Investigators believe the murder stemmed from a domestic dispute between the married couple. Kimball says she did not think they had any more problems than other couples, but her heart goes out to family members affected by the crime.

"I don't begin to know what to say to them. I'm just so sorry that this happened."

Lackey is currently being held in the Talbot County jail.

No comments: