Monday, May 16, 2011

Kingsville, TX: Murder Suspects Wife Speaks About Sister's Death

Posted: May 15, 2011 6:12 PM by Rashi Vats - rvats@kristv.com

KINGSVILLE - Family members of the woman who was shot and killed Thursday in Kleberg County spoke with us today and revealed some surprising information that lead up to the woman's death.

Kristie Canino was just 32-years-old with three children. Now those children don't have their mother, and Jennie Salazar doesn't have her baby sister.

Jennie tells us that her husband is the one who was arrested in connection with her sister's murder.

Armando Salazar Jr., 40, was arrested Friday in connection with shooting and killing Canino Thursday at her house in Ricardo.

Jennie says she's in the middle of divorcing Salazar. She says he always told her he was going to kill her family if she separated from him, but she never believed him.

"When he told me that he shot my sister in the head, and I saw what I saw...it was true," said Jennie.

Jennie says Armando called her early Friday morning, hours after Canino's death, saying he shot his sister.

"I was calling my sister, texting my sister, and I didn't get an answer. I ran from my house to her house. When my friend, Monica, showed up, that's when we walked into the house, and I saw all the blood on the wall. I put two and two together," said Jennie.

Brooks County sheriffs found him Friday near Premont.

Canino's mother knew Armando, and she says she hopes he stays in prison for life.

"He was at our house at Christmas. Yes I hate him right now. I want him to feel exactly how she felt," said Karlene Klipsch, the victim's mother.

If you would like to help Canino's family with funeral costs, please call the Kingsville Memorial Funeral Home at 361-592-5634.

No comments: