Monday, November 22, 2010

Gentilly, LA: Couple Found Dead Inside Their Gentilly Home

A murder-suicide rocks neighbors in Gentilly. A seemingly happy couple, making plans for the upcoming carnival season, is found dead inside their home. ABC26 News Reporter Vanessa Bolano has the details.

Tragedy strikes in this Gentilly neighborhood. A relative of the victim's shouts, "I'm hurting for both of them, not one, both of them. That was my sister-in-law and my brother."

Friends and family console each other as they learn 55-year-old Clara Anderson was stabbed to death, and the body of her 66-year-old husband, Alfred Anderson, was found hanging in the attic.

Clara's 36-year-old son William Boone made the discovery. "I went down cause she looked like she was just sitting there hurt, so I went down to try to help her and turned her face towards me and her eyes were open and she was dead."

He called 9-1-1 just after 8am. Police say a relative was staying at the home and left because the two were arguing while getting ready for church. Boone was hoping to take his step-father fishing.

Friends and family who came to the home to see what happened for themselves are in shock. They say the two argued like any normal couple, but they were happily married and were planning for their future.

Alfred Anderson was in the middle of making Indian costumes for the upcoming carnival season, a time Clara also enjoyed.

"She had been our queen for the original Big Seven once before and she had made her bid this year to be queen 2011," says family friend Edward Buckner.

Boone says, "I was close to my mom and Alfred. If anything went wrong they called me, so I know everything that goes on and I couldn't see it."

Their death is a mystery family members say will continue to plague them.

Some say Alfred was recently diagnosed with colon cancer, and may have taken his life and his wife's because of that.

No comments: